Century Club Members, send your text ads to the Webmaster for free posting. If your company is not a Century Club Member, there is a $50 per job per month fee (this Invoice includes the web site posting and The Profile newsletter ad).
At Dawood Engineering, Inc., we provide multi‐disciplined consulting services for a wide range of industries encompassing Transportation, Energy & Land Planning/Site Development. Our engineers and professionals provide Highway Design and Traffic Engineering, Bridge and Structural Engineering, Civil Design, Surveying and Mapping, Pipeline and Associated Facility Design, Geotechnical/Geophysical, Environmental Studies and Water/Wastewater design.
Highway Engineer, Harrisburg, PA (Posted: July 10, 2019)
Dawood is seeking a Highway Engineer to support our growing operations in our corporate office in Harrisburg, PA. This position will be responsible for but not be limited to: serving as task manager responsible for scope, schedule and budget adherence, preparation of roadway construction plans, cross sections, erosion and sediment control plans, traffic control plans, signing and pavement marking plans, right-of-way plans and H&H analyses and report preparation. Candidate must exhibit a positive attitude, have excellent communication skills, work well with others in a fast paced team environment and have desire to advance.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or related field
- Minimum 2 years of experience in highway design and plan preparation
- Proficiency with MS Office software suite
- Proficiency with MicroStation and InRoads
- Working knowledge of AutoTurn, SignCAD and Americans with Disabilities Act design requirements
- Working knowledge of H&H analyses and report preparation is preferred
- Must have strong familiarity with PennDOT/PA Turnpike/Federal standards and procedures
Desired Skills and Experience: 4-8 years of experience in highway design and plan preparation
- Professional Engineer (PE) license in Pennsylvania desired
- Engineer-In-Training (EIT) certification required
This is a full-time position with a comprehensive benefit package and competitive wages. Must successfully pass pre-employment drug screen and background check. Dawood Engineering, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.This position does not offer sponsorship.
We offer: Flex Time, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, Health/Dental & Vision Insurance, Prescription Drug Plan, Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance, Flexible Spending Account, Short and Long-Term Disability, 401(k) profit sharing and retirement plan, Tuition and Seminar Reimbursement, Professional License Reimbursement and Registration, Referral Award, Employee Assistance Program.
Senior Highway Engineer, Camp Hill, PA (Posted: February 5, 2019)
Our Highway Engineering Practice is looking for a motivated, highly talented Mid to Senior Highway Engineer to join our Camp Hill, PA office. Successful candidate will have demonstrated professional experience in roadway design tasks. In this role you will have the opportunity to work with an experienced team of project managers and engineers responsible for providing roadway related design for a wide variety of public transportation projects, including roadway and intersection improvements, bridge replacements, drainage improvements, intelligent transportation systems, and highways and interchanges.
- Lead engineering design tasks for roadway projects from preliminary to final design on both traditional design/bid/build and design/build contracts
- Develop specifications, cost estimates, and prepare final bid packages
- Prepare plans required for construction of projects
- Prepare reports required by the project development process
- Complete tasks with multi-disciplined teams
- Perform checks/reviews following Gannett Fleming’s ISO 9001:2015 Certified Quality Management System
- Serve as design discipline manager
- Provide assistant project management duties progressing towards project management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering is required
- Licensed Professional Engineer in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Minimum 8 years of related highway design experience
- Strong technical design background in at least one of the following areas: highway design, maintenance of traffic plan preparation, traffic control, and drainage engineering
- Familiarit with AASHTO and PennDOT standards
- Prior design experience with Pennsylvania Department of Transportation and / or Pennsylvania Turnpike projects
- Hands on experience using CADD/Design Software (MicroStation, InRoads, OpenRoads and Civil 3D) required
- Proficiency of InRoads and OpenRoads a plus
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience as discipline design manager or project management duties a plus
Project Manager – Highway, Camp Hill, PA (Posted: February 5, 2019)
Our Civil/Highway Engineering Practice is looking for a Project Manager to join our Camp Hill, PA office. As a key member of the Camp Hill Transportation Practice, the successful candidate will be responsible for management of major transportation projects in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, and with PennDOT, and Pennsylvania Turnpike. The primary focus will be on highway and multi-disciplined transportation design projects such as traditional design-bid-build as well as design build and P3 delivery methods. As a Project Manager, responsibilities will also include growth of the overall program, program management, business development and client/contractor relationships.
Additional responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Project management and oversight of relationships with various governmental agencies (PennDOT, cities, and counties)
- Management of design teams on large, complex engineering projects, including traditional design-bid-build and alternative delivery methods (e.g., design-build and P3)
- Full managerial responsibility for all aspects of the project including scope development, contract negotiations, cost control, staff management, and quality control on large and multiple transportation projects
- Plans, directs, and coordinates activities of civil engineering projects to ensure that goals or objectives of these projects are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters.
- Coordinate design activities and meetings between design staff, subcontractors, and clients
- Coordinate the planning, staffing, scheduling, budget management, quality control, of subcontractors and internal technical and support staff
- Assist with business development activities including pursuit identification, teaming and capture management.
- Initiates and reviews proposals
- Participates in interviews and presentations as applicable
- Work with Alternate Delivery team to develop and manage opportunities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or related discipline
- 15-20 years progressive experience in the design, management and implementation of highway/roadway civil engineering transportation projects primarily in Pennsylvania
- Licensed Pennsylvania Professional Engineer (PE)
- Must have demonstrated experience managing design teams on large, complex engineering projects.
- Must have knowledge and applicable experience with PennDOT’s approved design software packages in addition to MS Office Software
- Working knowledge and experience with PennDOT policy, procedures and standards
- Extensive experience of PennDOT design and management
- Strong public speaking skills with good written and verbal communication skills
Gibson-Thomas Engineering Co., Inc. is a multi-discipline consulting engineering firm established in 1916. Our corporate office is located in Latrobe, Pennsylvania with regional offices throughout Pennsylvania, Virginia and Florida. Current career opportunities include:
Highway Engineer, Camp Hill, PA (Posted: October 24, 2019)
Engineer with BSCE/BSCET (emphasis in highway/civil engineering), all experience levels considered. Successful candidate will work within a design team environment to prepare roadway, traffic control, right-of-way and erosion and sediment control plans for PennDOT and PA Turnpike Commission Project using MicroStation and InRoads. Position provides excellent opportunity for growth and advancement. Engineer-In-Training Certification highly desirable.
Traffic Engineer, Camp Hill, PA (Posted: October 24, 2019)
Engineer with BSCE/BSCET (emphasis in traffic/highway engineering) and 0-4 years of experience. Successful candidate will work within a design team environment to prepare roadway, traffic control, traffic signal and signing & pavement marking plans. Other duties will include field data collection and assistance with preparation of technical reports and traffic engineering studies. Familiar with PennDOT and AASHTO design standards and practices. Familiar with traffic modeling software and MicroStation. Position provides excellent opportunity for growth and advancement. Engineer-In-Training Certification highly desirable.
Water Resource Engineer, Camp Hill, PA (Posted: October 24, 2019)
Engineer with BSCE (emphasis in hydraulics) and 0-4 years of experience. Entry level position with emphasis on Hydrology & Hydraulics on projects involving floodplain analysis, stormwater management, drainage design, E&SC/NPDES permit preparation, bridge hydraulics and stream restoration. Experience with MicroStation, ArcGIS and appropriate hydrologic/hydraulic software desirable. Engineer-In-Training Certification highly desirable.
Structural Engineering Project Manager, Camp Hill, PA (Posted: October 24, 2019)
Experienced engineer with 7 plus years of progressive bridge design experience. PA PE with a detailed knowledge of PennDOT and PA Turnpike Commission bridge plan development process, design programs and standards is required. Requires use of MicroStation and the ability to lead a design team with a focus on quality. MSCE and NBIS certification is a plus.
Highway/Survey CADD Technician, Camp Hill, PA (Posted: October 24, 2019)
Experienced support personnel familiar with all aspects of survey data collection and field survey procedures. Experience with boundary surveys and conducting courthouse research, plotting deeds and developing base plans from survey files. Ability to perform field work as necessary. Experienced in MicroStation and InRoads required.
Gibson-Thomas Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering an excellent salary and benefit package with the opportunity for advancement. For consideration, submit cover letter, resume and reference information via email.
Greenman-Pedersen, Inc. (GPI) is a multi-discipline engineering firm providing planning, design and construction services for transportation infrastructure and building system projects throughout the United States for over 50 years. Ranked in the Top 100 Firms by Engineering News Record, GPI is a forward thinking, innovative firm with a culture that is committed to excellence and fosters staff empowerment. For more information visit: www.gpinet.com/
Transportation Squad Leader, Allentown or Mechanicsburg, PA (Posted: September 13, 2019)
GPI is seeking a Transportation Squad Leader for our Allentown, PA or Mechanicsburg, PA Office. The successful candidate will be responsible for the management of staff for major transportation projects in Pennsylvania, with PennDOT, and the Pennsylvania Turnpike. Your primary focus will be on highway and multi-disciplined transportation projects. This will include projects such as traditional design-bid-build as well as design build and other delivery methods. As a Squad Leader, responsibilities will also include assisting with project management and client/contractor relationships.
- Management of design teams on complex engineering projects, including traditional design-bid-build and alternative delivery methods
- Coordinate design activities and meetings between design staff, subcontractors, and clients.
- Plan, direct, and coordinate highway related activities with transportation engineering projects to ensure that goals and objectives of these projects are accomplished within prescribed time and budget
- Assist with business development activities including pursuit identification, teaming and capture management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or related discipline
- 5 to 10 years progressive experience in the design, management and implementation of highway/roadway transportation projects in Pennsylvania
- Must have E.I.T, Licensed Pennsylvania Professional Engineer (PE preferred but not required)
- Must have demonstrated experience managing design teams with experience utilizing PennDOT’s approved design software packages
- Knowledge and experience with PennDOT policies, procedures and standards
Senior Bridge Engineer (Posted: September 3, 2019)
You will work with a project team under the direction of experienced professional engineers designing challenging projects and mentoring other professionals in the discipline of your interest. Currently, we are seeking a Bridge Engineer. See below for additional information concerning this position:
- Perform design and analysis of concrete and steel bridge structures
- Ensure plans, specifications, and cost estimates are in accordance with PennDOT criteria and AASHTO guidelines
- Supervise and mentor other engineers and technicians with respect to design calculations and details
- Conduct independent design, QA/QC, and load ratings for bridge structures
- Investigate design alternatives for both technical & economic impact
- Provide technical guidance and supervisory support, while managing clients and projects
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering required / Master’s Degree is a plus
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience (Pennsylvania Preferred)
- Ability to work on fast-paced design-build projects and pursuits
- Must be a Licensed Professional Engineer (PE)
- Knowledge of MicroStation/CADD, STAAD, and PennDOT’s Structural Design Software Programs
- PennDOT experience is required
GPI offers excellent benefits including: health plans, a 401K program, and an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
GPI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Sr Project Engineer / Sr Squad Leader – Highway, Harrisburg, PA (Posted: March 2, 2017)
HNTB is currently seeking a Sr Project Engineer / Sr Squad Leader - Highway in our Harrisburg, PA office to support our transportation growth across the region.
- Assist project management with administrative operations.
- Cost control on projects and quality control within discipline.
- Planning, design and construction phases of projects.
- Completeness and accuracy of design team work
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering plus 10 years of experience.
- Experience completing designs for PennDOT and/or PTC is required.
- Project Management experience is required
Sr Project Manager - Engineering (Highway), Harrisburg, PA (Posted: March 2, 2017)
HNTB is currently seeking a Sr Project Manager - Engineering (Highway) in our Harrisburg, PA office to support our transportation growth across the region.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineer
- Secure profitable new work.
- Estimate fees, determine scope of work, prepare proposals and contracts on large or multiple projects.
- Actively manage client's budget, schedule and program; HNTB budget and schedule; project communications and documentation.
- Satisfy client requirements.
- Coordinate work efforts and review work performed.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineer
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering plus 16 years of experience.
- Experience with PennDOT and/or PTC projects is required.
- Project Management experience is required
KCI is a 100-percent employee-owned engineering, consulting, and construction firm serving clients throughout the United States. Our multi-disciplined service offerings allow us to provide exceptional turnkey expertise to federal, state, and local government agencies, as well as institutional and private-sector clients. KCI’s stock value increase of more than 4,000 percent since 1994 is a tribute to the hard work and technical expertise of more than 1,500 dedicated employee owners. Our Mission: Together, we implement great ideas to improve people’s lives. Our Vision: To lead as the professional consulting firm of choice for employee owners, clients, and partners.
NEPA Planner, Harrisburg, PA (Posted: April 23, 2019)
The Harrisburg, PA office of KCI Technologies, Inc. (KCI) has an open position for a mid-level NEPA Planner. This position will focus on activities required for NEPA clearance related to transportation projects. See below for additional details.
- This position requires a minimum of 5 to 10 years of applied NEPA project documentation experience on transportation projects.
- Candidate for this position should have experience in more than one of the following subject matters: NEPA documentation, natural resource studies, and socioeconomic studies.
- GIS capabilities are a plus.
- The ideal candidate should have thorough knowledge of FHWA, PennDOT, Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission’s environmental policies and procedures.
- The preferred candidate should possess strong skills in technical writing, environmental documentation preparation/review, conducting field work, making presentations and management delivery of expedited project schedules.
Required Degrees / Licenses:
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Environmental Planning, Environmental Science or related discipline.
This position is for a full-time, mid-level NEPA Planner within KCI Technologies’ Greater Mid-Atlantic (GMA) Transportation NEPA Division. The position will be located in KCI’s Harrisburg, Pennsylvania office and will include limited travel to Sparks, MD. The candidate must have experience in Pennsylvania with permitting and environmental clearance preparation/documentation and management. Qualified candidates must have exceptional communication and writing skills and the ability to work well within large multi-disciplinary consultant teams. In addition to authoring NEPA documents, the candidate must have demonstrated technical and documentation experience with NEPA related environmental laws/policy including Section 4(f)/6(f), community and environmental justice impact assessment, air and noise quality impact assessment, wetland/stream assessment, indirect and cumulative impact assessment and Section 106 assessment/documentation.
- Valid Driver’s License required.
- Pre-employment drug testing is required as a condition of employment.
Senior Project Engineer – Traffic, Camp Hill, PA Office (Posted: March 11, 2020)
The Senior Project Engineer is responsible for providing engineering services on all phases of an assigned project under supervision.
- Use computer assisted engineering and design software to prepare engineering and design documents such as capacity, delay and queue analyses, trip generation and distribution and safety evaluation and analyses
- Participate in field visits to assess roadway and traffic conditions
- Evaluate, select and adapt standard techniques, procedures and criteria to complete work on projects
- Assist in the preparation or modification of reports and other project documents for a wide variety of public sector studies and private development projects
- Interpret guidelines, procedures and manuals from DOTs, MUTCD, FHWA, NCHRP, ITE, HCM, and HSM
- Draft transmittals, memos, and meeting minutes that effectively communicate key findings
- Assist in client contact and communication pertaining to projects and deliverables
- Provide technical support and guidance to Project Engineers, Staff Engineers and Co-ops/Interns
- Assist in preparation of proposals including scope details and budgets
- Be aware of budget hours vs. time to complete tasks
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient knowledge of computer aided software such as Synchro, AutoCAD, MicroStation, VISSIM, and HCS
- Knowledge of Federal and State ADA Standards and Guidelines
- Familiarity with Mid-Atlantic Region DOTs policies and practices preferred (PA, DE, NJ)
- Familiarity with traffic signal controllers and traffic signal operations preferred
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Comfortable working in a collaborative environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited four-year college or university
- 6+ years of experience in transportation engineering
- Active participation in at least one professional society/organization
- PE preferred or eligible to obtain within one year
Supervisory Responsibility: This position has no immediate supervisory responsibilities.
Physical Demands And Working Environment: This job operates primarily in a professional office environment. This role requires frequent and prolonged use of standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works outside the office and may be exposed to outside weather conditions. This position may include occasional lifting up to 50 pounds.
Environmental Hazards: This position may risk exposure to bright/dim light, noise, fumes, odors, and traffic.
Work Schedule: This is a full-time position. The typical work days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Some night and weekend work may be required.
Travel: Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be required according to the needs of the business.
AAP/EEO Statement: This company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all qualified, interested parties, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, age, or any other protected classification under federal, state or local law.
While these job descriptions are intended to be an accurate reflection of the job requirements, please note these job descriptions are not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for these jobs. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties from particular jobs and to assign other duties as necessary at any time with or without notice.
This company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all qualified, interested parties, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, age, or any other protected classification under federal, state or local law. For more information about these positions and other current job opportunities please visit mcmahonassociates.com/careers.
Supported by more than 3,000 employees in nearly 100 locations across the United States, we provide a full continuum of engineering and consulting services, including design, planning, architectural, environmental, construction and program management. Our clients include U.S. federal, state and municipal governments, foreign allied governments, and a wide range of commercial clients. Michael Baker is committed to delivering a standard of excellence that fosters a culture of innovation, collaboration and technological advancement to help solve our clients’ complex challenges.
We create, integrate, visualize and communicate planning concepts as they move from the initial vision through implementation. Our planning professionals build strong client partnerships, working with residents, businesses, developers, educational and medical organizations, state and local governments, the military and other federal agencies to successfully plan the future of their communities or institutions. At Michael Baker International, we focus on people and places, improving communities and creating more sustainable, convenient, equitable, healthful, efficient, and attractive places.
Public Engagement Specialist, Harrisburg, PA (job#191693) (Posted: October 14, 2019)
Michael Baker International is seeking a Public Engagement Specialist to join the team in our Harrisburg, PA office. The successful candidate will be responsible for building and maintaining public outreach and engagement programs for our clients and projects. Duties include public relations writing and design, web-based communications, cartographic displays, customized online surveys, public meeting/hearing planning and implementation including presentations, facilitation and conflict resolution. This position will report to the Director of Public Engagement. In addition to the work products, the successful candidate will establish and maintain relationships with clients, communities in which we work, industry and employees throughout multiple Michael Baker offices.
- Applying innovative communications tools and tactics (i.e. web, mobile, social media, print, digital and/or video) to effectively communicate key messages to target audiences to shape and improve public engagement products and programs
- Developing, editing and implementing the presentation of digital content through a wide variety of technologies using software for graphics, animation, text, multimedia, dynamic and/or interactive content presentation
- Utilize state-of-the-art ideas for events and exhibits that spark imagination and provide an environment to foster transformational change for our clients and stakeholders
- Research industry best practices and provide ongoing improvements to existing public engagement programs and products
- Lead special initiatives that genuinely engage stakeholders and employees in public works projects
- Provide creative direction and expertise to develop products while managing costs, methods, and/or staffing
- Oversee budgets including proposing appropriate budget levels to support communication projects
- Collaborate across diverse teams to create innovative, new initiatives that lead to expanded impact
- Represent Michael Baker public engagement initiatives at professional conferences when necessary, including presenting papers and posters as a professional communicator
- Work with Michael Baker’s technical staff to deliver written project reports
- Work with Michael Baker’s marketing staff to produce client proposals and presentations
- Provide quality assurance and quality control reviews and guidance
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Public Relations, Public Administration, Business Development/Management, or related discipline
- 5-8 years of related experience; 9+ preferred
- Excellent writing, producing and presentation skills
- Significant experience using communication tools (web, mobile, social media, print, digital and/or video) to effectively communicate a message
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook), Email Marketing, Adobe Creative Suite; Hootsuite (or similar) experience is a plus
- Possess background managing budgets and determining appropriate budget levels to support communication products
- Demonstrated experience leading the end-to-end creation and production of exhibits, websites, surveys and products, and communicating regularly with all stakeholders
- Experience interfacing with senior internal and external stakeholders across a variety of strategic and budgetary issues
- Ability to build consensus and work collaboratively for impactful solutions with community, employee and public interest groups
- Must possess a valid motor vehicle driver’s license
MICHAEL BAKER INTERNATIONAL EEO STATEMENT
Michael Baker International is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Michael Baker International provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Michael Baker International maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status. EEO is the Law. Applicants to and employees of Michael Baker International are protected under Federal law from discrimination.
Newell, Tereska & MacKay Engineering, Inc. (NTM) is a civil engineering firm that specializes in water resources design, bridge design and inspection, and engineering instruction for public and private sector clients. NTM’s core services include hydrologic and hydraulic studies, waterway permitting, stormwater design and permitting, GIS, transportation and bridge engineering, bridge inspection, and technical course development and training.
Established in 2006, NTM currently employs 54 professionals and is located in Dillsburg, Pennsylvania, with branch offices in State College and Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The firm’s four principals—Donna Newell, John Newell, Rachel Tereska, and Jeffrey MacKay—are all licensed professional engineers with master’s degrees in civil engineering and offer a combined 70+ years of civil design experience. NTM is a certified Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) in Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, and West Virginia and a Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB) with the federal government.
Project Engineer-Transportation, Dillsburg, PA (Posted: August 14, 2020)
Newell, Tereska & MacKay (NTM) Engineering, Inc. has an immediate need for a Transportation Engineer in their Dillsburg, PA office. Responsibilities will include task management, managing engineers and designers. The position involves roadway geometric design, traffic control plans, drainage and stormwater design and plan development. Qualified candidate must have a BS degree in Civil Engineering, between 3 to 8 years of experience, a PE license is a plus but not required. Highly motivated individual and a team player with strong communication skills. Position requires occasional travel to job sites and client meetings.
We offer an attractive compensation/benefits package, yearly profit sharing, a creative working environment and an opportunity to join a strong team of talented individuals. Over the last five years, NTM has been ranked in the top five for Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania (Small to Medium size companies).
ONLY APPLICANTS WHO SUBMIT COMPLETE EMPLOYMENT HISTORY, WITH SALARY REQUIREMENTS WILL BE CONSIDERED. Location: Dillsburg, PA (15 miles south of Harrisburg, PA; 20 miles northwest of York, PA). Most NTM employees are currently working remote, but accommodations can be made for you to work in the office if needed. Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster. Please click here to download an NTM Employment application and submit with resume via email. Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.
SAI Consulting Engineers, Inc.
SAI Consulting Engineers, Inc. (SAI) is a transportation consulting/engineering firm specializing in the design, inspection and construction management of highway, structure and traffic projects throughout Pennsylvania. Our growing Harrisburg (Lemoyne), PA and Philadelphia, PA offices are currently seeking highly motivated candidates for the following position:
Structure Engineer/Bridge Inspector (Posted: September 27, 2019)
Candidates should have a B.S. in Civil Engineering and PennDOT bridge inspection certification (CBSI) with experience in PennDOT and/or PA Turnpike bridge design, inspection and load rating projects. Responsibilities will include inspection of bridges throughout the state; preparation of bridge inspection reports; bridge analysis and load rating; and preparation of computations, plans, and details. Experience with MicroStation and PennDOT bridge design software is a plus. A Professional Engineer’s license or progress toward sitting for the PE exam is recommended. All candidates should have outstanding written and verbal communication skills. This is an excellent opportunity in a flexible office environment to advance your career to the next level.
A competitive salary/benefits package is offered. Qualified applicants may submit current resume and salary history in confidence to: SAI Consulting Engineers, Inc., Attention: Human Resources Department, 1350 Penn Avenue, Suite 300, Pittsburgh, PA 15222-4211 or via email. Equal Opportunity Employer; Drug-Free Workplace. For more information visit: www.saiengr.com
Skelly and Loy, Inc.
Architectural Historian, Pittsburgh or Harrisburg, PA (Posted: January 15, 2020)
Skelly and Loy, Inc. is looking for a mid-level Architectural Historian to work in either our Pittsburgh, PA or Harrisburg office under the direction of the Vice President for Cultural Resources on projects located in the Mid-Atlantic Region, including but not limited to Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Maryland, and Delaware. Candidates must meet the Secretary of Interior’s Professional Qualifications Standards for Architectural History or History. Qualified candidates will have an undergraduate and graduate degree in Architectural History, History, Historic Preservation or a closely related field; intimate knowledge of American architectural styles and building types and of Section 106 of the NHPA; minimum of three years of experience completing reconnaissance and intensive level historic resource surveys, determinations of eligibility and effect, minimization and mitigation measures; and cultural resources proposals with either a cultural resources firm, architectural or engineering firm, state agency, and/or SHPO. In addition to these required qualifications, exceptional candidates will have demonstrated experience authoring and presenting papers/posters/articles to professional societies/journals and to the general public; preparing successful NRHP nominations and Part 1, 2, and 3 documentation under the Federal Rehabilitation Investment Tax Credit or an equivalent state program; and managing database information using Microsoft Excel or Microsoft Access.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Design, conduct, and report on all phases and types of architectural history investigations under Section 106 of the NHPA, including but not limited to reconnaissance and intensive level historic/architectural resource surveys, determinations of NRHP eligibility, effect evaluations, minimization and mitigation measures, and NRHP nominations.
- Coordinate field methodologies and logistics for reconnaissance and intensive level historic/architectural resource surveys.
- Conduct background research and synthesize the research, methodologies, results, and other pertinent information into historic contexts, written reports, and deliverables in accepted formats and to regulatory agency standards using Microsoft Office software.
- Respond to be review comments on reports and deliverables by clients and regulatory agencies.
- Keep detailed notes, records, and files.
- Coordinate and assist internal and external clients with cultural resources regulatory compliance under Section 106 of the NHPA.
- Promote Skelly and Loy’s Cultural Resources services to existing and new clients.
- Prepare architectural survey and Section 106 proposals for clients.
- Communicate clearly and concisely using written and verbal skills.
- Author and present professional papers/posters/articles to professional societies/journals.
- Present architectural history information to the general public as part of project needs.
- Basic project management skills including but not limited to budget and schedule tracking.
- Multi-task within flexible/fluid schedules and project needs.
- This position supervises project specific field crews and subconsultants as necessary.
- Field (i.e., outdoors with exposure to weather conditions).
- Regular use of standard architectural field equipment, such as digital 35mm cameras and tablet computers.
- Regular use of computers in a PC environment.
- Regular use of Microsoft Office Suite software.
- Use of general office equipment such as phones, copiers, printers, scanners, and fax machines.
- Use of company vehicles, including large four-wheel drive vehicles.
- This is a largely sedentary role, but will require completion of intermittent physically demanding activities such as but not limited to: standing; lifting; walking/hiking in urban, suburban, and rural environments; carrying equipment; and exposure to weather conditions.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
- This is a full-time, regular exempt (40 hours/week) position.
- Office work will comprise most tasks for this position; however, travel for fieldwork, research, meetings, or other events will be required. Multi-night travel occurs 1 to 2 times a month on average.
- Please note that this description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Additional Applicant Responsibilities:
- Please provide three (3) professional references
- Please attach a complete resume
- Please attach a brief writing sample through this website when applying for this position. The writing sample must demonstrate sole or lead authorship by the applicant, and be relevant to architectural history or historical research under Section 106 of the NHPA. The writing sample may be a section of a report, mitigation measure, journal article, or other equivalent document, but not a graduate thesis or dissertation.
- Yes. Travel with overnight stays are required on average 1-2 times/month.
- Word Processing – Advanced
- Using Computers – Advanced
- Time Management – Advanced
- Detail Oriented – Advanced
- Communicating – Advanced
- Project Budget Management – Intermediate
- Microsoft Office Suite – Advanced
- Document Preparation – Advanced
- Photography – Advanced
- Technical Writing – Advanced
- Critical Thinking – Advanced
- Innovative: Consistently introduces new ideas and demonstrates original thinking
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Required: Bachelors or better in Architectural History or related field.
- Preferred: Masters or better in Architectural History or related field.
- 3-10 years: Conducting and synthesizing background research and methodologies, results, and other pertinent information into historic contexts, written reports, and deliverables.
- 1-10 years: Using Microsoft Office Suite software in a PC environment.
- 3-10 years: Identifying buildings and structures based on their architectural style and type.
- 3-10 years: Taking digital photographs of historic buildings and structures.
- 1-10 years: Coordinating field methodologies and logistics for reconnaissance and intensive level historic/architectural resource surveys.
- 1-10 years: Authoring and presenting professional papers/posters/articles to professional societies/journals and to the general public.
- 1-10 years: Preparing successful NRHP nominations.
- 1-10 years: Preparing successful Part 1, 2, and 3 federal rehabilitation investment tax credit applications or applications for a similar state or local program.
- 1-10 years: Managing database information using Microsoft Excel or Microsoft Access.
Licenses & Certifications Required:
- Drivers License
To Apply: Go to this link and click on Apply Now.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Stantec Consulting Services, Inc.
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving—whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
Civil Engineer in Training (EIT) - Transportation, Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania (Posted: August 13, 2020)
The role of a Civil/Highway Engineer in Training is to work independently on smaller projects, and as a team member of a larger project under the guidance of a Senior Engineer.
A Civil/Highway Engineer in Training will perform a variety of tasks (primarily roadway design related for public clients) which may include assisting with the plans and designs of structures and facilities such as bridges, railroads, roadways, airports, harbors, dams, irrigation projects, pipelines, tunnels, power plants and other projects.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Performs engineering design tasks on relevant civil engineering elements including the design of roadways, drainage, grading, etc. under supervision of Project Engineer or Project Manager, including engineering drawings, engineering reports and required applications to regulatory agencies.
- Assists with the management of the design and construction of projects and provides input.
- Attends and assists in client/contractor/stakeholder meetings to gain a better understanding of client’s goals.
- Involved in the permitting process of projects, which may require meeting with clients, contractors, reviewing agency personnel.
- Trains less experienced team members in day-to-day activities including routine technical design, processing and company procedures.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Ability to solve problems using sound professional judgment, creativity and innovation.
- Ability to effectively discuss project issues with clients and reviewing agencies.
- Possesses excellent time-management skills; Thorough understanding of task assignment and schedule, budgeting and efficient use of time and resources.
- Working knowledge of PennDOT and Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission design criteria, design manuals, and standards.
- Proficient in MicroStation or AutoCAD, as well as relevant software programs which may include In Roads/Open Roads, Civil3D, Auto Turn, HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS, StormCAD, PondPack, Synchro, SIDRA, and Rodel.
- Familiarity with the Pa One Call System, PennDOT ECMS, and PennDOT EPS Systems.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Civil Engineering or related field & working toward licensure.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in highway design and plan preparation for the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation and or the Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission.
- Engineer in Training Certification required; Licensed Professional Engineer is a plus.
Position will primarily work in an office setting; may require some field work.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Susquehanna Civil Inc.
Susquehanna Civil Inc., a transportation engineering firm in York, PA, is continuing to grow and has a variety of openings for bright, talented and self-motivated design professionals:
Project Engineers/Designers (Posted: January 23, 2020)
Susquehanna Civil is seeking technically-focused individuals to join our team in the following disciplines:
- Water Resources
- Highway Design
- Right-of-Way/Utility Coordination
Candidates are desired to have a degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent. EIT certification or PE Registration is a plus. The ideal candidates will have the ability to work independently, manage simultaneous tasks on multiple projects, and communicate effectively with design team members and clients. Desired skills also include the ability to provide technical guidance and mentorship to staff. Specific duties related to each position are listed below:
We are seeking an individual with 2+ years of experience on PennDOT and PA Turnpike highway and bridge design projects. Desired skills include any of the following: drainage and stormwater management design, erosion and sediment pollution control plan preparation, NPDES permit preparation, use of MicroStation and drainage design software, and proficiency with MS Office. 2 to 6 years of experience on PennDOT and PA Turnpike projects is preferred.
We are seeking an individual with 5+ years of experience on PennDOT and PA Turnpike highway and bridge design projects. Desired skills include any of the following: highway design, signing and pavement marking design, MPT design, HOP reviews, use of MicroStation and InRoads software, and proficiency with MS Office. 5-10 years of experience on PennDOT and PA Turnpike projects is preferred.
We are seeking an individual with 1+ years of experience on PennDOT and PA Turnpike highway and bridge design projects. Desired skills include any of the following: Right-of-Way plan preparation, utility coordination, use of MicroStation and InRoads software, proficiency with MS Office, and experience with the PA One Call System. Entry level candidates are encouraged to apply.
ROW/Utility Drafting Technician (Posted: January 23, 2020)
Susquehanna Civil is seeking a technically-focused individual with 1+ year of experience on transportation projects. Successful candidates should be proficient in MicroStation and Bentley Civil products, and creating 2D and 3D base mapping files for transportation projects. Occasional field work will be required. Entry level candidates are encouraged to apply.
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Your application will be held in the strictest confidence.
Senior Structural Engineer, Camp Hill, PA or Columbia, MD (Posted: November 29, 2019)
Volkert, a Top 100 design firm (#87, ENR), is engineering the future of infrastructure in Transportation, Energy, Water, and Environment. Volkert is searching for a Senior Structural Engineer with relevant certifications and industry experience to join our Mid-Atlantic Region. This position can be in Columbia, MD, or Camp Hill, PA. You will support the engineering team’s development of construction bid documents and assist with business development activities. We are a national engineering firm, designing the future of transportation, energy, water, and environmental infrastructure – are we the road to your future?
What you’ll be doing:
- Perform calculations and analysis for designing bridge and transportation structures using various bridge design software programs.
- Perform load ratings on bridges of various type size and complexity.
- Review calculations and design details developed by others.
- Attend meetings with clients and other professionals and organizations
- Develop solutions to challenges presented by the client within budget, schedule and project constraints.
- Review shop drawings and other construction related submittals.
- Organize and maintain project files.
- Quantity take-off for bridge project engineer’s estimate.
What you’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering.
- Valid Professional Engineering Licensure (P.E.) in MD or PA (multi-state licensure preferred).
- 8-12 years of engineering experience in bridge design or bridge inspection.
- Skilled in the use of MicroStation.
- Technical expertise for the layout & design of bridges and related highway structures.
- Familiarity with rehabilitation of existing bridges and highway structures.
- Knowledge of AASHTO and other pertinent bridge design specifications.
- Master of Engineering preferred, but not required.
Volkert is an employee-owned firm, and our culture is expressed in the way we live out our five-fold mission, which serves as a guide for our actions every day.
- To serve the public in a professional and ethical manner.
- To serve our clients with quality, innovation, and honest value.
- To serve our employees through sustainable corporate growth, employee ownership, and personal development.
- To serve our profession by promoting the highest standards of practice.
- To serve our neighbors through community service.
The words of our chairman, Perry Hand, capture best why we do what we do: “An engineer is put forth on earth to solve problems. Engineers brought us the quality of life we enjoy today. Together we have laid the groundwork for future generations to continue building upon, so that our future can be as prosperous as our past.”
If you share this passion and want to make a difference, please apply via email.