AMERICAN SOCIETY OF HIGHWAY ENGINEERS
The Harrisburg Section of ASHE is pleased to announce the continuance of its Scholarship Program for the 2018 calendar year. Interested students may obtain an application from their High School Guidance Office or College Financial Aid Department, the links below, or:
ASHE Scholarship Chairperson
Attn: Bradley J. Heigel, P.E., Chief Engineer
Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission
P.O. Box 67676
Harrisburg, PA 17106-7676
There will be at least seven (7) scholarships in the amount of $2,000.00 each.
Applications must be postmarked by April 6, 2018 to be considered for a scholarship.
View the Scholarship Flyer (PDF: 163KB)
- Must be a citizen of the United States and reside in one of the following counties: Adams, Cumberland, Dauphin, Franklin, Juniata, Lancaster, Lebanon, Perry, or York
- Must be enrolled in, or planning to enroll in, a four-year college program leading to a Bachelor’s degree in engineering, preferably civil engineering
- Must not have received an ASHE scholarship previously
- Must submit copies of SAT and/or ACT scores and High School or college transcripts
- If selected, the recipient will be notified by letter.
High School Seniors considering an engineering career will be targeted for competition via a mailing to High School Career Guidance Officers throughout South Central Pennsylvania. College students enrolled in a four-year program leading to a Bachelor’s degree will also be eligible. Applicants will be evaluated on a point count system with bonus points provided for dependents of an ASHE member and/or enrollment in a civil engineering major.